When experienced magicians meet, there is always transmission. This can happen formally at times, but after a certain level tends to happen informally. Spiritual presence mingles with spiritual presence, the channels of one magus dance with the channels of another, and of course the sharing of ideas through simple conversation. These are occassions to celebrate, so it is convenient when they happen at a party.
This past Friday, when my sleepy shore town was be awakened for the summer by the roar engines, the booms from backseat sub-woofers, and the fumes from the heads of Snookie-wanna-be’s and Gel haired muscle men named Joey, I was lucky enough to head north to a party hosted by Jow from “A Mages Blog“and Deb from “Charmed Finishing School” and attended by none other than Gordon from Rune Soup.
Since lately I have not been able to get out much, I REALLY needed to hang out in meat space with some magicians and talk shop. Topics discussed? Among other things:
- The need for Witchcraft to get a little infusion of Jack Parsons, and that fact that it is actually happening.
- The need for western occultism to escape the gravity of the Holy Guardian Angel, and the fact that it is sadly not happening.
- Ex-Nazis with wealth, alien tech, and designs on world domination.
- The importance of Chaos Magic and how Pete Carrolls new books rock.
- What magic you turn to when the shit totally hits the fan and what that says about you.
- Why the hell there are two Hyatt hotels within five miles of each other, but in the middle of fucking no-where.
- Why the Necronomicon rocks the house and the atavistic component to the gate walking that makes it a different show than the hermetic/Grimoire experience of the same spaces.
I am one of those old fashioned guys who has a hard time calling someone a friend if I have never met them in real life, so it was good to finally get Gordon’s Darshan. Thanks to all for a good night, and for getting me headed against the flow of traffic
In the meantime, Gordon and I have a transmission for those of you reading this.