Well 2011 is finally on its way out and 2012 on its way in. A lot of good things happened for me in 2011, but more than a few bad things as well. I think the overwhelming consensus is that we should shoot 2011 in the head, burn it, bury it, and salt the earth. So be it!
Whatever your feelings about the last year, take the night off and clear yourself of all hopes and fears for the new one. The past is a memory, the future a projection, and the present escapes before it can be grasped. Just dwell in the mirror-like wisdom of awareness and enjoy the play of phenomina that arise without grasping or rejection…
Then go party your ass off!
A few strategic tips for the evening:
- Dress up. Even if you are staying home or meeting with the same people you were with last night to watch a movie, it ads to the sense of occasion.
- Get dressed to a snappy tune as you slip on your cocktail dress or french cuffed shirt. My song this year is Bossa Nova Baby by Elvis Presley.
- Drink lots of water
- Take the red pill – whether it goes well or not you can either look back on a New Years eve of adventure and excitement, or just another night in front of the telly.
- Don’t talk about yourself so much tonight. Instead, listen to and ask questions about the people you are with. If you are single, it will help you pick someone up and get laid. If you are married, it will also help you get laid.
- If you are in a party with strangers, go ahead and make up a whole false identity. It can be fun, and you can always come clean in the morning.
- Don’t take any drugs after midnight that will last past 9 am. Its just a drag at the point.
- Go light on the resolutions for New Years. Remember, this is a community psychic experience. As you sing Auld Lang Syne at midnight, you are communing with millions of people doing the same. This is a beautiful and powerful thing, but don’t link your serious efforts at self-possession and transformation to everyone. Ninety percent of New years resolutions will be broken within the next two weeks and you don’t want the psychic weight of 400,000 people loathing themselves because they signed up for year long gym memberships that they just realized they will never use weighing you down.